    RE: iSCSI Text Request

    Eddy,

    We did not think that it is worth having a variety of statuses for
    different errors.
    After a (relatively long) debate we reduced them to the current list.
    It could have been shorter (as in the old Unix ?).
    In any case your choices are the ones we had in mind too.

                        Eddy Quicksall
                        <Eddy_Quicksall@iv       To:     "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)"
                        ivity.com>                <matthew_burbridge@hp.com>, "'Dave Francheski'"
                        Sent by:                  <davef@seven-systems.com>, ips@ece.cmu.edu
                        owner-ips@ece.cmu.       cc:
                        edu                      Subject:     RE: iSCSI Text Request

                        16-01-02 15:54

    A "protocol error" is only represented by a Reject and the login phase only
    allows Login PDU's (see 2.2.3). So, I use a Login Response with status =
    0200 (Initiator Error).

    There should probably be more status's defined. For example, Section 5.1
    (Login Phase Start) says:

            the target may reply with a Login Response indicating that it is
            unwilling to accept the connection without SecurityNegotiation and
            terminate the connection.

    But the table in 3.13 (Login Response) does not give a status for
    explicitly
    that. So, I give 0201 (Authentication Failure).

    Comments?

    Eddy