    RE: iSCSI: Markers

    >Stuart,
    >
    >Are there any IPR issues associated with COBS that you might
    >want to share i.e. patents etc?
    >
    >Somesh

    COBS was published first at SIGCOMM in September 1997.

    My PhD dissertation, published 1998 and formally registered with the
    United States Library of Congress Copyright Register in January 1999,
    describes extensions including using word lengths other than eight bits,
    eliminating framing marker values other than zero, eliminating multiple
    framing marker values simultaneously, etc.

    I have not filed any patent on any aspect of COBS/COWS, and my prior
    publications should ensure that no one else can file a defensible patent
    on any aspect of COBS/COWS.

    Stuart Cheshire <cheshire@apple.com>
     * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer
     * Chairman, IETF ZEROCONF
     * www.stuartcheshire.org

Last updated: Mon Jan 14 10:18:02 2002
8380 messages in chronological order