    RE: iSCSI: Markers

    • To: "Stephen Bailey" <steph@cs.uchicago.edu>, <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI: Markers
    • From: "Glenn Dasmalchi" <glennd@chelsio.com>
    • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:21:26 -0800
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    I agree with Steph's conclusion on this one. The PDU Containment
    Property of TUF is a good fit for high-bandwidth direct placement
    receive hardware. If COWS *with* TUF-style segmentation is deemed
    impractical, then I think it's better to have PDU containment in TCP
    segments (with random key/length headers) than fixed interval markers.

    I understood David's earlier posting about not allowing normative
    references to experimental drafts (i.e. TUF), but I don't understand how
    this precludes using the technique as the iSCSI framing mechanism. If we
    decided it was the right technique for iSCSI, couldn't we just lift the
    content and put it in the iSCSI draft?

    -Glenn

Last updated: Thu Jan 10 12:18:08 2002
8338 messages in chronological order