    Two administrative items

    (1) Anyone who presented in Salt Lake City and who has not
    	sent me their presentation needs to do so ASAP.
    	The final version of the minutes and all presentations
    	will go to the secretariat this week.

    (2) We need to reduce author count on our drafts.  Authorship
    	should be reserved for those who have made substantial
    	text and/or intellectual contributions to drafts.  Others
    	should be acknowledged in the Acknowledgements sections.
    	The iSCSI, FCIP, IPS Security and iSCSI naming drafts
    	all have at a dozen or more authors, and need to be
    	cut down by a factor of 2 or more.  Based on the source
    	of this request at the plenary in Salt Lake City, we
    	may well be facing the choice of reducing these author
    	counts ourselves, or having the RFC Editor "help" us
    	do it while they're in the queue for publication, thus
    	holding things up at a very late stage in the process.

    To set an example, my name should be moved from the
    author list of the Security draft to the acknowledgements
    section, even though there are half a dozen or so
    paragraphs in that draft that I wrote.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Mon Jan 07 19:17:47 2002
8304 messages in chronological order