    RE: iSCSI: the I bit in response PDU's

    People have become sensitive even to minor changes so we may want to call for a consensus.

    Julo

    "Eddy Quicksall" <Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com>

    29-12-01 15:51

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI: the I bit in response PDU's

    Well, the problem I see, if it is left in just due to history, you will get people thinking like we have seen IOL think … "it must be checked" or like me … "what is it for" or like someone else … "attaching an assumed significance to it".

    Also, if it is left a 1 for no reason, it is more difficult to give it a meaning later if it is needed.

    My vote would be to make it a 0 and call it "reserved".

    I wonder if others have simply forgotten about it and the question needs to be asked for a consensus?

    Eddy