    Re: iSCSI: "conservative reuse" requirement

    > I think this is headed towards "conservative reuse" being a MUST if
    > we're serious about support for shared persistent reservations.

    Mandating "conservative reuse" appears to force initiators to always act
    as a single initiator port (wrt one target; assuming only one session as an
    example) per initiator device - which rules out the case of an initiator
    intentionally wanting to present a different port to each target portal group.

    IMHO, if iSCSI provides an architected mechanism to support shared
    persistent reservations ("conservative reuse"),  that should be completely
    adequate to meet the expectations to be a legal SCSI protocol.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture