    From: Ofer Biran [mailto:BIRAN@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 2:17 AM
    To: Lee Xing
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Security (SRP)

    Lee,

    Appendix A. iSCSI Security and Integrity
    02 Authentication
    Where U, N, g, s, A, B, M and H(A | M | K) are defined in [RFC2945]
    (using the SHA1 hash function, i.e., SRP-SHA1).
    U is a text string, N,g,s,A,B,M and H(A | M | K) are binary items and
    their binary length (not the encoded length) MUST not exceed 1024

    And on Section 3.10.4 Text :

    Character strings are represented as plain text. Binary items can be
    encoded using their decimal representation (with or without leading
    zeros) or hexadecimal representation (e.g., 8190 is 0x1ffe).  Upper
    and lower case letters may be used interchangeably in hexadecimal
    notation (i.e., 0x1aBc, 0x1AbC, 0X1aBc and 0x1ABC are equivalent).
    Binary items can also be encoded using the more compact Base64
    encoding as specified by [RFC2045] preceded by the 0b.

    Regards,
       Ofer

    Ofer Biran
    Storage and Systems Technology