    iSCSI: F and TTT=0xFFFFFFFF in final text response

    Section 3.11.1 says that the F bit is set to 1 when the target has finished. Then 3.10.3 implies that the target must set the TTT to 0xFFFFFFFF in the final response (it is also backed up by an example).

    Since the F bit should tell the story and we shouldn’t have two ways to tell when the target is finished, I think we should not make this implication.

    Can we add a statement that says

    3.10.3

    “Note that the TTT is not applicable when the target sets the F bit to 1”.

    3.11.1

    “When the F bit is set to 1 in a text response, the TTT is not applicable”?

    Or if there is a good reason for this, then we should state it clearly.

    Eddy

Last updated: Thu Dec 20 12:17:45 2001
8166 messages in chronological order