    Re: iSCSI: Checking the I bit

    OK,
    Except for the fact that Eddy pointed out to me 3.2.1.1 does call it the I
    bit that is always set to 1 for responses (and Async Msgs by the way),  I
    think my basic statement is still true -- It is not a reserved bit.   So
    the UNH statements really does not apply.  And if it is a bit that is
    always set to one but does not need to be checked, why is it set to one?
    Why not set it to zero and mark it reserved, so that the UNH statement does
    apply, and then we can use it for something else in the future.  The bit
    seems redundant, why do we need it to be set?

    Does this have something to do about with expediting the handling of

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@ece.cmu.edu on 12/14/2001 09:15:29 AM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu