    RE: ISCSI: found the constant for divide-only circuit!

    Added iSCSI prefix to subject line.

    Actually both "example" and "preferred" seem inappropriate. How about
    "reference" or "assumed" implementation? For the claims and examples in the
    iSCSI spec to be correct we must refer to an implementation that performs
    the following transformations (responses), after n input bits are applied,
    on an initial state I(x) and an input M(x):

    1. when I(x) is zero, multiplies the input, M(x), by x^32 and divides by
    G(x).
    2. when M(x) is zero, multiplies the initial state, I(x), by x^n and divides
    by G(x).

    I have previously provided a serial implementation (the simultaneous
    multiply-divide circuit) that performs the above tranformations. Any
    parallel implementation properly derived from such a serial implementation
    should produce the same transformation and could therefore also be used as
    references.

    In contrast, the divide-only serial circuit that I have also provided
    performs the following transformations on an initial state I(x) and an input
    M(x) and iSCSI should not refer to it unless it changed some of its claims
    and examples:

    1. when I(x) is zero, divides the input, M(x),  by G(x)
    2. when M(x) is zero, multiplies the initial state, I(x), by x^n and divides
    by G(x)

    Note that, by linearity of the CRC circuit, the overall response or
    transformation when both I(x) and M(x) are non-zero is the sum of the
    individual responses to the input and the initial state.

    Vince