    iSCSI Marker questions

    The iSCSI Draft 9 Appendix C makes the following statements about
    Markers and the Initial Marker-less Interval:

         "The offset to the next iSCSI PDU header is counted in terms
          of the TCP stream data. Anything counted in the TCP
          sequence-number is counted for the offset. Specifically this
          includes any bytes "inserted" in the TCP stream by an UFL and
          it excludes any other markers inserted between the one we are
          examining and the next PDU header."...

         "To enable the connection setup including the login phase
          negotiation, marking (if any) is started only at the first
          marker interval after the end of the login phase."

    I understand that markers are not inserted until after login phase.
    Am I correct to assume that the placement of the first marker
    determined by the TCP sequence numbers on the final Login Request/
    Response PDUs, or is initial marker position determined by the
    TCP sequence numbers at connection establishment?

    Assume the following interaction:

    I->  SYN     (TCP sequenceNum=1000)  -- irrelevant to this discussion?

    T->  SYN-ACK (TCP sequenceNum=2000)  -- irrelevant to this discussion?

    I->  Login Request PDU, T=0,CSG=1,NSG=0:
         InitiatorName=xxx
         TargetName=yyy
         SessionType=normal
         FMarker=send-receive
         RFMarkInt=512,1024

    T->  Login Response PDU, T=0,CSG=1,NSG=0:
         FMarker=send-receive
         SFMarkInt=1024
         RFMarkInt=1024

    I->  Login Request PDU, T=1,CSG=1,NSG=3:
         SFMarkInt=1024
         (64-byte PDU... TCP sequenceNum=1301-1364)

    T->  Login Response PDU, T=1,CSG=1,NSG=3:
         (48-byte PDU... TCP sequenceNum=2201-2248)

    The above interaction designates a 1024 x 4 = 4096-byte marker
    interval in both directions. The first PDU byte sent by the
    intitiator in full-feature mode will have sequenceNum=1365, and
    the first byte sent by the target will have sequenceNum=2249.

    Assuming the markerless interval starts at the end of login
    phase, the first two markers in each direction will have the
    following TCP sequence numbers:

                   TCP SeqNum of    TCP SeqNum of
                   First Marker     Second Marker