    SLC Presenters - Please note

    (1) Do not use valuable WG meeting time for presenting the contents
    of your draft.  Assume that the audience has read your draft and knows
    what's in it (if they haven't, you don't have enough time to explain
    it to them).  WG meeting time is for issue resolution.  At most one
    slide summarizing changes/status is acceptable.  Everything else should
    be devoted to raising open issues and controversial topics ... and
    remember that brevity is a virtue on slides.  Also please refrain from
    using multicolored corporate slide templates, especially those with
    large logos.  Black text on white background is always acceptable.

    (2) There are a bunch of agenda items assigned 5 min (or 5 min per draft)
    described as a status update.  Taken together, these items consume
    a lot of time to convey status, and hence we'd like to optimize them,
    and in particular take out one of the two laptop to projector cable swaps.
    - Best choice: Please do your status update with no slides, just get up
    	and talk.  Your hardworking WG chairs will appreciate having one
    	less slide set to deal with in assembling the minutes (it can take
    	more of our time to get a set of status update slides incorporated
    	into the minutes than is spent talking to them).  Anyone who plans
    	to do their status update without slides should send an email to
    	Elizabeth and me (egrodriguez@lucent.com, black_david@emc.com).
    - Second choice: Use at most 2 slides, do not use a separate title
    	slide.  Send the slides to Elizabeth and me (egrodriguez@lucent.com,
    black_david@emc.com) and we'll get them onto our laptops.  In addition
    	if you can get the presentation onto an adjoining presenter's laptop
    	in advance that would be appreciated (e.g., there are opportunities
    	where we've placed a protocol and its MIB next to each other in the
    	agenda for this reason).

    (3) Would presenters for items other than the status updates please
    show up early for your session so that we can pass floppies to get status
    update presentations onto laptops for the adjoining agenda items.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500

Last updated: Fri Nov 30 22:17:42 2001
7965 messages in chronological order