    RE: iFCP: iFCP -06 comments -- N_PORT Network Address

    <snip...snip>

    > 6.2.1
    >          An N_PORT is identified by its network address consisting of:
    >
    >          a) The N_PORT I/D assigned by the gateway to which
    > the N_PORT is
    >             locally attached and
    >
    >          b) The IP address of the gateway's iFCP Portal.
    >
    > Use of an IP address to identify a remote gateway needs to be
    > reconsidered.
    > Please add something to allow multiple iFCP implementations
    > to exist at
    > different TCP ports on the same IP address (or explain why this has to
    > be prohibited).  This is strongly related to the NAPT issues that the
    > FCIP folks are in the midst of working through.

    We propose to modify iFCP to add the TCP port number as a component of the
    N_PORT network address.  When performing N_PORT name resolution, iSNS now
    returns this parameter as part of the query response.

    The iSNS spec also provides guidance on coordinating address space views
    between the "external" and "internal" sides of the NAPT box.

    Charles

Last updated: Thu Nov 29 01:17:38 2001
7935 messages in chronological order