    Re: FCIP: v0.7 editorial suggestion

    I believe that the logic and conceptual structure of
    Table 1 will be less clear if the columns are swapped.
    For better or for worse, the positions of the bits in
    Figure 8 represents the order in which they were
    defined not the logic and purpose of the bits.
    So the figure and the table are disjoint, as would
    be the case for any design that evolved over time.

    Finally, I find it impossible to believe that anyone
    capable of understanding NAPTs could become confused
    by Figure 8 and Table 1.

    Thanks.

    Ralph...

    Sudhir Srinivasan wrote:

    > Ralph,
    >
    > An editorial suggestion:
    >
    > The pFlags definition is:
    >        |----------------Bit--------------------|
    >        |                                       |
    >        | 31   30   29   28   27   26   25   24 |
    >        +-----------------------------+----+----+
    >        |             Reserved        | Ch | SF |
    >        +-----------------------------+----+----+
    >         Fig. 8  pFlags Field Bits
    >
    > with the "Ch" bit to the left of the "SF" bit.
    >
    > I suggest the first two columns in Table 1 be swapped
    > to reflect this. When looking at Figure 9, it was
    > slightly confusing at first to map the pFlags value
    > shown in the Short Frame header back to Table 1.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sudhir

Last updated: Thu Nov 29 09:18:04 2001
7939 messages in chronological order