    iSCSI: Abort Task Set

    Julian, and List,
    The discription of the Abort Task Set Function in 3.5.1 says it:   "aborts
    all Tasks issued by this initiator on the Logical Unit."

    The question is, what do we mean by initiator, in this case.  Do we mean
    iSCSI Initiator Node, or do we mean iSCSI (SCSI) Initiator Port.
    Since we could have several different Session between the iSCSI Initiator
    Node and the SCSI Target Port, but only one between the SCSI Initiator Port
    and an SCSI Target Port.  So if we mean the latter, perhaps we should
    change the wordage to: "aborts all Tasks issued via this Session on the
    Logical Unit."

    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

Last updated: Sun Nov 25 11:17:58 2001
7900 messages in chronological order