    RE: iSCSI: Representing iSCSI devices on FC fabrics

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI: Representing iSCSI devices on FC fabrics
    • From: "Elliott, Robert" <Robert.Elliott@compaq.com>
    • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:33:27 -0600
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Beware than a FC WWN is not the same as an EUI-64.  They're both based
    on the IEEE OUI/company_id, but the FC WWN uses the 4 most significant
    bits for a "Name Address Authority" field and has 4 fewer bits available
    in the vendor specified portion.

    EUI-64 = (MSB) { 20-bit company_id,
                     44-bit vendor specified } (LSB)

    FC WWN = (MSB) { 4-bit NAA field,