    Re: iSCSI - change proposal LUN field definition on every PDU

    Santosh,

    We are talking about instrumentation that could work based only on what is
    on-the-wire.
    For an instrument (software I assume) that sits between SCSI and iSCSI
    this is obviously not an issue.
    It is not a major issue for an instrument on the wire (it must maintain
    some state anyhow) but telling something about traffic based on the field
    might simplify it.  We can also make this field "not mandatory to test by
    receiver" to avoid having the receiver pay a penalty.

    As for the PDUs - SCSI Response, Data-Out & In and Task Mangement
    request/response.

    I am not sure what other uses or side-effects this change may have.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    Sent by: santoshr@cup.hp.com
    12-11-01 20:55