    RE: iSCSI: IKE normative guidelines

    Yes, these guidelines differ from those RFCs in a number of
    ways, based on things learned since those RFCs were written.
    Many of these are things that would go into revised versions
    of the IPsec RFCs, but revising the IPsec RFCs turns out to
    be intractable to the point of near-impossibility for the
    security folks - you'll have to ask them why.  See the IPS
    security draft for some further explanation of these changes.

    Main mode is not "at least as good" as aggressive mode when
    group pre-shared keys are used; see the security draft and
    the ipsec WG "improveike" draft for details.  Group pre-
    shared keys are often used in practice because they
    greatly simplify key management.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500

Last updated: Mon Nov 12 12:17:42 2001
7756 messages in chronological order