    Re: iSCSI over TLS

    Thank you  for the clarification. It makes sense moving toward 10GbE to use
    IPSEC.

    It would also really be beneficial to allow iSCSI to utilize TLS,
    essentially have iSCSI support either IPSEC or TLS rather than just IPSEC.
    This would only help to proliferate secure iSCSI as well as allow more
    products to incorporate strong security in a flexible manner ( there are a
    number of export issues with having strong security embedded in silicon
    around a TOE)

    It would not require much work in terms of the RFC effort, all we would need
    is another IANA port ( iSCSI and iSCSI/TLS) and a default cipher suite. It
    would be better have the standard support TLS rather than have proprietary
    port numbers and cipher suites resulting in lack of interoperation.

    Thanks,

    Peter Mellquist
    Seven Systems Technologies
    575 Menlo Drive Suite 2