    Re: iSCSI: current UNH Plugfest

    Julian:

    Comments below:

    > 4. Situation: The initiator and target have successfully completed the
    >    login phase for a discovery session and are now in full feature phase.
    >    The initiator sends a text command containing the single key:
    >    "SendTargets=".  What response is expected from the target?
    >

    >    Interpretation 1:
    >
    >    According to the explanation on page 188 of draft 8 (page 189 of
    >    draft 8a):
    >    "If no target name is specified, the session should respond with
    >    addresses only for the target to which the session is logged in.
    >    This MUST be supported on operational sessions, and MAY NOT
    >    return targets other than the one to which the session is logged in."
    >
    >    However, for a discovery session there is no target per se (the
    >    initiator does not specify a TargetName= during login), so the
    >    target therefore follows the rule on page 188 of draft 8 (page 189
    >    of draft 8a):
    >
    > +++
    > That is not strictly correct. You may use discovery to determine the
    > addresses and portal groups for a specific target - i.e. you may give a
    > target-name. If you give a target name that is all you get. If don't give
    > a name you get all the targets you are allowed to get to.
    > ++++

    If I understand this reply correctly, you are saying that
    in a discovery session, when the initiator sends:
       SendTargets=
    it should expect to receive all the targets it is allowed to get to.
    Correct?

    This leads to 2 further questions/points:

    1. Is this response any different from the response the initiator will
    get when it sends:
       SendTargets=all

    2. If these responses are the same, then the explanation of <nothing>
    on page 188 of draft 8 should be changed to indicate that this is what
    happens for a discovery session.

    Thanks,

    Bob Russell
    InterOperability Lab