    Re: iSCSI: current UNH Plugfest

    Anshul,

    I don't know why the initiator should care if the sense data arrived
    along with the CHECK CONDITION scsi status or not. (?)

    Most, if not all, SCSI initiator stacks have some form of indicating
    sense_status from SCSI LLP (hba driver, device driver, mini-port driver,
    etc) to SCSI ULP (class driver, target driver, etc), which indicates
    what the status of the sense operation was and whether sense data is
    available or not.

    For instance, you also need to deal with a scenario where the target
    sends a SCSI status of CHECK CONDITION and accompanies it with the sense
    data in the data segment. However, the initiator encounters a data
    digest error on the sense data data segment and drops the sense data
    data segment. The initiator can always choose to complete the I/O and
    return the SCSI status back to its SCSI ULP, indicating that no sense
    data was available.

    I don't see why you would need the wording tightened to a MUST.
    Initiators must not assume that the sense data will always be available
    on a check condition. The sense operation may be unsuccessful and no
    sense data may be available.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    --