    Re: ips : key response "NotUnderstood".

    Santosh,

    Those have been fixed in a version of 2.2.4  that I've sent out to the
    list a while ago.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    16-10-01 23:29
    Please respond to Santosh Rao

            To:     IPS Reflector <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            cc:
            Subject:        ips : key response "NotUnderstood".

    Julian,

    I suggest that the below quoted text in the draft be re-phrased to state
    it in terms of "originating party" and "responding party", since the
    target may originate X-* keys, in which case, the below text is
    applicable for initiators.

    Could you also please clarify what is the expected behaviour when an
    initiator receives a vendor specific X-* key ? Is the initiator
    compelled to respond with "NotUnderstood" or can it just discard the key
    ?

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    2.2.4
    -----
    "If a target is not supporting, or not allowed to use with a specific
    initiator, any of the offered options, it may use the value "reject".
    The values "none" and "reject" are reserved and must be used only as
    described here.  Any key not understood is answered with NotUnderstood.
    "

    3.10.4
    ------
    "Any other key not understood by the target may be ignored by the target
    without affecting basic function. However the Text Response for a key
    that was not understood MUST be key=NotUnderstood."

    --
    Santosh Rao

Last updated: Mon Oct 22 13:17:32 2001
7327 messages in chronological order