    RE: iSCSI: re-negotiating the same key

    Similar to the key re-negotiation issue, let me comment on allowing the
    behavior that an initiator may change it's T bit setting from 1 back to 0
    within a login phase.

    I don't see the need to specify that the initiator may decide to recind it's
    offering of the T bit based on a target response.  The logic I've heard
    cited refers to "something that might be required by vendor unique keys".
    You can't design a protocol for all possible theoretical behavior of vendor
    unique keys.  We must design for the behavior that is logical for the keys
    which are currently specified, and vendor unique keys must adhere to that
    behavior.

    What is the need *viewing the current set of keys* for an initiator to
    change it's T bit setting from 1 back to 0 within a login phase?

    Marjorie

Last updated: Sat Oct 20 23:17:30 2001
7309 messages in chronological order