    RE: [Fwd: iSCSI - revised 2.2.4]

    > However we might perhaps want to consider the following loose rule for
    > defaults in the context of operational parameter negotiation at login only
    > (leaving the negotiation rules as they are):
    >
    > If the initiator issues a login request with the F bit set to 1 is assumed
    > to have an imaginary content including all the operational keys that have
    > default value and where not sent yet by the initiator during login and
    > their values set to the default value.
    >
    > Comments?

    Julian,
    Thanks for the detailed explanation of your thinking, I missed the
    possibility that an initiator might not choose to fit the maximum number of
    key/value pairs per PDU.

    Can the login section state that an initiator SHOULD send the max number of
    key/value pairs it can fit per PDU?  Just to encourage efficient
    implementations? :-)

    I'm a little confused as to what you are suggesting in the above text - my
    thought is that a target does not know when it can assume that the initiator
    has "offered a default" until the initiator sets the T bit to transition to
    the next negotiation phase.  Did you mean to say T not F bit?

    Thanks!
    Marjorie

Last updated: Tue Oct 16 02:17:40 2001
7248 messages in chronological order