    Re: iscsi : query based login negotiation.

    Santosh,

    I am somewhat at a loss as to what you are suggesting.
    We use now "?" to query current value (not necessarily the default or maximum).
    If the list finds desirable a Maximum/Minimum based negotiation we may want to introduce another
    type of query or have the ? return a triple (current,maximum,minimum).
    Please note that this type of information is probably also
    provided by a management tool that has the device characteristics and to where this function naturally belongs.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    05-10-01 18:09