    Re: [Fwd: iscsi : question on async message behaviour.]

    Santosh,

    I will add this although your request is on the "nitpicking" side as the
    draft states clearly and in several places that close the session is an
    acceptable action. However this has nothing to do with recovery since
    supporting individual connection login and logout is mandatory if you
    support multiple connections.

    The wording will be:

    Initiator MUST send a Logout with a reason code of "Close the connection"
    to cleanly shutdown the connection. The initiator MAY also issue a Logout
    with the reason code of "Close the session", to completely close the
    session, but ONLY if it does not support or use multiple connections in the
    specific session.

    Julo

                        Santosh Rao
                        <santoshr@cup.       To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                        hp.com>              cc:
                        Sent by:             Subject:     [Fwd: iscsi  : question on async message
                        santoshr@cup.h        behaviour.]
                        p.com

                        03-10-01 23:27
                        Please respond
                        to Santosh Rao

    Julian,

    One more issue that got dropped by the wayside. I'd appreciate if you
    could please incorporate the below change so that initiators that use
    session recovery are not considered non-conformant to the standard.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    --
    Santosh Rao