    From: Santosh Rao [mailto:santoshr@cup.hp.com]
    Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 9:07 PM
    To: Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iscsi : numerical negotiation wording is ambiguous

    Sanjeev,

    I do not believe your example is in line with the discussion. I'd rather
    you considered the case of an FC initiator that got back a PLOGI
    response with parameters that are not acceptable for that initiator. Do
    you expect the initiator to send a LS_RJT to the target ???

    I would hope not :)

    The FC initiator would give up on that Nx_Port and move onto another
    one. Ditto for iSCSI. Either re-negotiate parameters, or close the TCP
    connection. REJECTs are only sent from targets to initiators.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    --
    Santosh Rao