    RE: iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings - Consensus call

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings - Consensus call
    • From: "Elliott, Robert" <Robert.Elliott@compaq.com>
    • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:54:42 -0500
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    My concern is for bridges.

    If an iSCSI initiator is talking to a FC target through an
    iSCSI to FC bridge, the target will include these mode pages.
    Does the bridge need to intercept the MODE SENSE/SELECT
    commands and hide the presence of these pages?  Does the
    bridge have to generate its own MODE SELECT commands
    on the FC side to match the iSCSI key settings?

    Similarly, if a FC initiator is talking to an iSCSI target
    through an FC to iSCSI bridge, and the iSCSI target does not
    have these pages, does the bridge have to create fake pages?
    Without them, it doesn't look FCP-2 compliant.

    I think it's better if iSCSI looks like the other SCSI
    protocols and controls these features with the existing
    mode pages.
    ---
    Rob Elliott, Compaq Server Storage
    Robert.Elliott@compaq.com