    RE: iSCSI - positive data ack - change proposal

    Rod,
    I think having iSCSI get the data off of the physical device to respond to
    a resend request, may add more complexity then you are currently thinking
    about.  That is because, it may be going back to get data that has been
    changed by a write that could have come in from another connection.  This
    gets all very complicated to control.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    "Rod Harrison" <rod.harrison@windriver.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 09/25/2001
    06:09:54 AM