    Re: iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings.

    I can sympathize with you wanting to use most of the parameters in iSCSI -
    but the values are in fact restrictions that SCSI places on iSCSI.
    Nevertheless the discussion is rather academic because SCSI can hand those
    parameters to iSCSI.

    SCSI can handle those parameters dynamically. iSCSI may have trouble
    handling this type of negotiation dynamically over several connections.

    Resource-wise (as Bob Snively has pointed out) those are SCSI issues.

    A nice way out would be to ask T10 for a text mode negotiaton :-)

    Julo

                        Santosh Rao
                        <santoshr@cup.       To:     ips@ece.cmu.edu
                        hp.com>              cc:
                        Sent by:             Subject:     Re: iscsi : default iscsi mode page
                        owner-ips@ece.        settings.
                        cmu.edu

                        24-09-01 18:38
                        Please respond
                        to Santosh Rao

    Julian,

    The FirstBurstSize is an iscsi property and not an attribute of the scsi
    ULP.
    Evidence of this lies in its location itself, the disconnect-reconnect mode
    page. This mode page is used to tune the parameters of the service delivery
    subsystem (in our case, this would be iscsi).

    I would like to re-iterate my request that FirstBurstSize be placed as a
    login
    key.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    #### santoshr.vcf has been removed from this note on September 24 2001 by
    Julian Satran

Last updated: Mon Sep 24 18:17:15 2001
6701 messages in chronological order