    Re: iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings.

    well we are now debating two things

    1. Whether Firstburstsize comes in iSCSI realm or does it come in SCSI
    realm.
    2. Whether Firstburstsize should be sent as login key or should it be a part
    of mode sense/select page

    For the first point, As charles explained below Firstburstsize is a part of
    data delievery system (transport layer as described in SAM-2), so it
    certainly is not a parameter of SCSI. . SCSI as such does not even need to
    have any Firstburstsize because it is capable of transferring any amount of
    data. Firstburstsize basically only helps in faster implementation of data
    being transferred on network.

    As such the "SCSI Mode Pages" as described in iSCSI document should rather
    be renamed to iSCSI Mode pages.

    I think the FirstBurstSize be kept as login key but here we will have a
    problem as to which value be over-ridden whether the one sent by initiator
    or target. This depends upon whether

    a. the iSCSI target should be made so efficient as to support different
    values of Firstburstsize for different initiators. If it is so then the
    target accepts the Initiator value. This increases complexity on target side
    or
    b. the iSCSI target should operate on one particular mode of FirstBusSize.
    If it is so then initiator accepts target value. But in this case also I
    foresee a problem in this case when multiple intiators are accessing a iSCSI
    target and one of the iSCSI initiator changes the value of FirstBusSize

    If we keep FirstBurstSize as a part of mode sense/mode select page then the
    problem described above in (b) still exists

    Regards,
    Sanjeev