    RE: iSCSI: SNACK R2T/Data

    I can see the point of not involving a new ACK request for [DATA] & [R2T].
    However, it would be nice to have something like [CmdSN, ExpStatSN][StatSN,
    ExpCmdSN] for [DATA] & [R2T].  As it stands now, only when the [SCSI
    Response] is acknowledged for the request that originated the [R2T] & [Data]
    messages can you assume [R2T] & [Data] was successfully processed.  This
    means you have hold onto a lot of associations in that updating ExpStatSN
    will ACK more than just status messages.

    The nice thing about the [CmdSN, ExpStatSN][StatSN, ExpCmdSN] mechanism was
    that it allowed for separate processing queues; status messages can be
    unaware of the command that originated them.  This disassociation allowed
    for a simpler implementation (aka hardware assist).

    One possibility would be to split the [CmdSN, ExpStatSN][StatSN, ExpCmdSN]
    into 16 bit fields rather than 32.  Unless there's a genuine feeling that
    more than 65K requests could be outstanding within session, I don't see a
    problem.  The extra 32 bits freed up could be used for a Data/R2T_SN ACK and
    would allow a separate queue independent of [CmdSN, ExpStatSN][StatSN,
    ExpCmdSN].  Since each queue doesn't have to maintain state knowledge of the
    other, it allows for simpler design.

    Just and idea.