    Re: iSCSI Change - Login phase

    Julian and Matthew-

    This is looking good; I have just a few comments:

    Julian Satran wrote:
    > 1.1.2     I - Immediate
    >
    >    Login SHOULD be issued as an immediate request (I=1) except for the
    >    leading login phase in which all requests that MUST have I=0.

    Did you mean "leading connection"?  If so, the only thing that is
    special about the leading connection is that it needs to communicate
    the initial CmdSN value; there is no reason to use I=0 for the
    login requests themselves.

    To make this interoperate easier, I would like to get rid of
    the SHOULD.  How about:

       Login MUST be issued as an immediate request (I=1) except for the
       leading login request of the leading connection in a session, which
       MUST have I=0 and a valid CmdSN.

    I think that this would be simpler, and still get what we need,
    which is to communicate a CmdSN to start with when we hit full
    feature phase.

    > 1.1.8     CmdSN
    >
    >    CmdSN is either the initial command sequence number of a session (for
    >    the first Login of a session - the "leading" login) or the command
    >    sequence number in the command stream (e.g., if the leading login
    >    carries the CmdSN 123 the next non-immediate command carries the number
    >    124 etc.).

    If we make the above change regarding the Immediate bit, this changes to:

       CmdSN is the initial command sequence number of a session, and is
       valid on the first login request of the leading connection in a
       session.  This determines the CmdSN used in the next non-immediate
       command in the session (e.g., if the leading login request carries

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems

Last updated: Wed Sep 05 13:17:10 2001