    RE: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-aboba-ips-iscsi-security-00.txt

    Just to step in...

    I am concerned that we are going to standardize on some new toys that have
    1) Unknown properties, possibly not to my liking
    2) Unknown licensing requirements - Definitely not to my liking

    I have to ask this question
    What is wrong with requiring as a minimum, the required IPsec transforms,
    and not go beyond that for a MUST implement.  Many people are going to argue
    that DES is not good enough, well I hate to say it, but DES is better than
    clear text - which almost by definition IS good enough.  I am also concerned
    with the time needed to get these transforms into implementations that are
    purchasable to be integrated with solutions.

    When AES and its various modes are vetted over the next few years, I expect
    IPsec to start requiring these things... Then we get it for free (i.e. IPsec
    requires them, we require IPsec), if we do it now as the only REQUIRED
    implementation and the mode we choose is found to be fundamentally weak -
    our whole security story collapses on itself

    Bill
    Sanera Systems Inc.