    RE: iSCSI: Login Proposal

    We're so close!!  See comments (***) below,
    Stephen

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Steve Senum [mailto:ssenum@cisco.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 4:56 PM
    To: ietf-ips
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Login Proposal

    Hi Stephen,

    I think the assumption is that <something> is usually
    preferred over <none>.
    *** But we have the option to specify deterministic behavior,
    *** over accepting assumptions.

    Even if an option is required to be implemented
    though (like crc-32c), an Initiator or Target
    could be configured to not allow it (including <none>).
    However, in such cases, it would be easy to get
    into a situation where the Initiator and Target
    will never agree and no connection is possible.

    I think the offering party (usually the Initiator)
    need to be allowed to control the preference.
    *** yes, yes, yes, yes, so let it be possible to put <none> first.
    *** We get determinism and flexibility.

    Steve Senum