    Security in iSCSI

    David,

    I am becoming more and more concerned about the IPS security strategy the
    longer I think about having to implement this into product.  The first
    problem with defining a new keying standard is that an iSCSI vendor will
    have to implement this keying standard, and then on a per OS bassis
    attempt to push a negotiated key down into the IPsec layer to handle the
    correct iSCSI traffic.  Many of these interfaces will be difficult to
    find, if they are available at all...

    I want to propose that our security story cover
    1) Defining a security policy that can be used to cover iSCSI traffic
    2) Allowing end users to use this security policy with their OSes current
    IPsec stacks (on both the client and target end), or integrating an IPsec
    stack into products
    3) Allowing the IPsec WG cover all aspects of algorithm selection, key
    negotiating, encapsulation, etc. that are needed

    This will allow the IPS working group do what we do best, and allow the
    IPsec WG to do what they do best, and lead to interoperating products the
    fastest

    Bill Strahm
    Sanera Systems Inc.