    Re: iSCSI: error recovery proposals from London

    Needless to say up-front that I am strongly in favor of this recovery
    hierachy.

    The only point I would like to make is that I would like to reduce the
    implementation options to 2 (or maximum 3) levels by
    combining the levels in a reasonable view.

    By this we could simplify testing and interoperability.

    The levels would be:

    0 - session recovery
    1 - your current level 4

    I would also suggest reexamining the introduction of a data-ack (using the
    F bit of the input sequences) and a special form of SNACK for ACK to limit
    the resources a tape target will have to dedicate to recovery.

    Julo

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 16-08-2001 04:10:17

    Please respond to cbm@rose.hp.com

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu