    RE: iSCSI: Support Alias in the protocol

    Robert (the following resend has the sentence structured somewhat
    improved),

    You make good points, however, I would say that they show that an alias in
    the protocol is useful.  The items you list are not an "eui" iSCSI
    Initiator or Target Node name.  The fact that and "eui" name can be a bunch
    of Hex numbers, is the exact reason that a human might want another way to
    talk about it, and
    that includes Alias in MIB and SNMP reports. There is no other item
    in the system or the SCSI level that has a method of identifying an iSCSI
    Initiator or Target via a Human oriented name.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Robert Snively <rsnively@brocade.com> on 08/10/2001 12:06:54 AM