    RE: Review of the 07 draft

    Deva:

    I would argue that having two ways to change the same thing adds
    flexibility, rather than complexity.  If the iSCSI Text Messages are
    allowed to change iSCSI only parameters, then the transport has access
    to what it needs.  In addition, if the SCSI utility is aware of iSCSI
    mode pages (which of course it would need to be to even understand
    accessing iSCSI pages), then only one interface is needed for all
    aspects of the target.  As stated by Eddy, the legacy of SCSI is that
    mode pages, irrespective of what those parameters are manipulating
    (transport, commands, responses, timing, etc.), are accessible through
    SCSI mode commands.

    If mode page changes were not allowed to modify existing communication
    parameters (for existing connections), then there is no problem.  Once
    all active connections were dropped, then the re-establishment of
    connections would present new defaults for critical iSCSI or SCSI
    parameters.  Does this sound reasonable?

    Bob

    Robert Griswold
    Technologist
    Crossroads Systems, Inc.