    RE: Iscsi: Fault tolerance

    I'm guessing he means that clients are accessing a server over SMB (windows
    networking) and the server accesses its drives through iSCSI.  In that case,
    if the server goes down, the drives are inaccessible.

    Generally, it would be a bad idea to have the clients also able to access
    the drives directly via iSCSI since they would then circumvent the share
    permissions the server has set up.  Better instead to have multiple SMB
    servers accessing the drives and do failover at that level.

    -Nate