    RE: Unsupported target LUN

    The way things are currently defined for iSCSI (as most other SCSI
    "transports") it doesn't really care about LUNs. iSCSI has fields to
    transport the information regarding LUNs that matches with the SCSI protocol
    but that is about where it ends.

    LUN handling is up the SCSI protocol.

    One could argue to have LUN discovery lifted up to iSCSI for "easy of use"
    but I think the line should be drawn at that.

    -Shawn

     Shawn Carl Erickson           (805) 883-4319 [Telnet]
     Hewlett Packard Company         OV NSSO Joint Venture
      Storage Resource Management R&D Lab (Santa Barbara)
                <http://ecardfile.com/id/shawnce>