    iSCSI: NOP-Out closing the command window

    When sending a NOP-Out without the P bit set, there's
    no response to update ExpCmdSN to keep the window open.

    On an otherwise idle session, sending a long enough
    sequence of these NOP-Outs can close the command window
    permanently.

    In case of a stuck command window, please break glass...

    The easy solution is to turn on the P bit, and get the
    purpose of allowing the P bit to not be set in the first
    place.

    Another easy solution (but I almost hate to mention it)
    is not to have NOP-Out update the CmdSN.  This seems to
    have the possibility of breaking other things.

    I suppose we could come up with a more complicated rule,
    like "if the NOP-Out's CmdSN would be the last (or perhaps
    penultimate) CmdSN allowed by the current window, it MUST
    set the P bit."  Or something like that.

    Anyway, I see three possible solutions.  Any thoughts?

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems