    Re: FCIP Annex E

    The issues in E-5.5 are Fibre Channel issues not TCP issues.
    The choices regarding how to use TCP are driven by Fibre
    Channel choices not by TCP choices.  TCP supplies only
    the rules and options from which the Fibre Channel side
    makes its choices.  The nature of the choices belongs
    in FCIP, which choices to make when does not.  E-5.5
    contains far too much discussion of which choices to
    make when.

    I believe that 03 section 8 covers the organization of
    multiple TCP connections.  Work in progress and targeted
    for 04 intends to address the QoS aspects of the question,
    but again only in terms of describing the kinds of options
    the FCIP Entity presents to the FC Entity.

    Only Fibre Channel knows the choices it needs to make
    and only Fibre Channel documents can successfully discuss
    those choices.

    Thanks.

    Ralph...