    Re: iSCSI: Login CmdSN

    In fact there is only one outstanding command. There can't be more than one
    outstanding text.
    Numbering is starting with the Login Command.

    Julo

    "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com> on 17-07-2001 00:23:37

    Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com>

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    Subject:  iSCSI: Login CmdSN

    Draft-06-96
    Section 2.10.7: "CmdSN is either the initial number of a session (for the
    first Login of a session - the "leading" login) .." Is it correct to
    understand this as the CmdSN used by the first command after the login
    cmd?.
    For example,

    I->login (CmdSN=1), leading connection
    T->login Rsp
    I->text (CmdSN=1), or should it have CmdSN=2?

    Also, in section 1.2.2.2: "During login, there is always only one
    outstanding command per connection". I think using "one outstanding task"
    is
    more appropriate here. Text commands during login phase have the same
    initiator task tag as the login cmd, but they shouldn't have the same
    CmdSN.

    -Ayman