    Re: iSCSI: Canonical Targets

    I am not concerned about the amount of work the "discovery target" will
    generate for a builder.
    If the function is needed it is needed and will be done.

    The context however is not right. The discovery will surely imply more than
    the name - and will include various device characteristics not all of them
    apparent today.

    A generic discovery will have provisions to include them.  iSCSI - most
    probably not.

    If all we want is a lightweight discovery mechanism - we should choose a
    lightweight discovery protocol not add a "lightweight feature" to iSCSI.

    Julo

    Stephen Bailey <steph@cs.uchicago.edu> on 23-05-2001 05:08:16

    Please respond to Stephen Bailey <steph@cs.uchicago.edu>