    IPS WG meeting(s) update

    Here's an important update on future IPS WG meetings:

    (1) The August IETF meeting week in London is at the
    	same time as the T11 meetings in Hawaii.  This
    	makes it impossible to take up Fibre Channel-
    	related work during the August IPS WG meeting(s)
    	in London, and hence those meeting(s) will
    	focus on getting at least the basic iSCSI
    	protocol draft (and others as feasible/necessary
    	- the naming and discovery draft is likely) as
    	close to ready for Last Call as possible.

    (2) There will be an FC-focused interim meeting sometime
    	after the London meetings that will focus on
    	getting the basic FC-related protocol drafts ready
    	for last call.  The Area Directors have suggested
    	that IPS-wide security architecture and protocol
    	selection would also be an appropriate topic for
    	that meeting, so the structure may be a day or
    	so on the FC-related drafts and the better part
    	of a day on security.  The date(s) and location
    	will be announced in the next few weeks.

    I want to extend apologies on behalf of Elizabeth and
    myself for comments made in Nashua about other possible
    interim meeting dates and locations, especially if they've
    mislead anyone into making plans that now need to be changed.
    IETF interim meetings require the approval of the Area
    Directors, and after consultation with the ADs, the
    above plan is what we're going to do.  It does have
    the merit that we don't have to try to get all of the
    protocols into a close to done state at the same meeting
    in London (whew!).

    Thanks and sorry,

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500