    RE: iSCSI: immediate data

    Ayman,

    The new 2.3.1 is:

    2.3.1     Flags and Task Attributes

          The flags for a SCSI Command are:

          b7   (F) set to 1 when the immediate data that accompany the command
          are all the unsolicited data associated with this command. For a
          write, if Expected Data Transfer Length is larger than the Length the
          target may solicit additional data through R2T.
          b6   (R) set to 1 when input data is expected
          b5   (W) set to 1 when output data is expected
          b3-4 Reserved (MUST be 0)
          b0-2 used to indicate Task Attributes

       The Task Attributes (ATTR) can have one of the following integer values
       (see [SAM2] for details):

          0    Untagged
          1    Simple
          2    Ordered
          3    Head of Queue
          4    ACA

          The appendix is:

    xx   ImmediateData

       Use: ALL
       Who: Initiator and Target

       ImmediateData=<yes|no>

       Default is yes.

       Initiator and target negotiate support for immediate data.  If
       ImmediateData is set to yes and InitialR2T is set to yes (default) then
       only immediate data are accepted in the first burst.

       If ImmediateData is set to no and InitialR2T is set to yes then the
       initiator MUST NOT send unsolicited data and the target MUST reject them
       with the corresponding response code.

       If ImmediateData is set to no and InitialR2T is set to no then the
       initiator MUST NOT send unsolicited immediate data but MAY send one
       unsolicited burst of Data-OUT PDUs.

       If ImmediateData is set to yes and InitialR2T is set to no then the
       initiator MAY send unsolicited immediate data and/or one unsolicited
       burst of Data-OUT PDUs.

       This field sets the D field in the Disconnect-Reconnect mode page. The
       value one of the D field means ImmediateData=no.

       The following table is a summary of unsolicited data options:

       +----------+-------------+--------------------------------------+
       |InitialR2T|ImmediateData| Result (up to FirstBurstSize)        |
       +----------+-------------+--------------------------------------+
       |  no      |    no       | Unsolicited data in data PDUs only   |
       +----------+-------------+--------------------------------------+
       |  no      |    yes      | Immediate & separate unsolicited data|
       |  yes     |    no       | Unsolicited data disallowed          |
       |  yes     |    yes      | Immediate unsolicited data only      |

       Julo

    "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com> on 11-05-2001 23:35:17

    Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com>