    RE: iSCSI : login keys & mode page settings

    David,

    Apologies for the late response on this. I was hoping we could complete this
    thread of discussion at Nashua, but for lack of time, we are back on the list.

    Regarding your question below :

    > If one Initiator can damage another in this fashion, then we
    > may indeed have a problem.

    > Comments?,

    Shared mode page implementations in targets is quite common and modification of
    control parameters through a mode select would indeed affect all other
    initiators logged into the target. This is not desirable behaviour and iSCSI
    may be better served using login/text based key negotiation rather than the
    mode select mechanisms which opens it up to the side effects of affecting all
    connected initiators.

    Thanks,
    Santosh