    Re: iSCSI : EnableACA

    > What you are suggesting is that during reset the target examines all CDBs
    > from all initiators.
    > Doesn't seem very practical to me.

    Julian,

    The target needs to walk through its task set to abort each I/O while
    processing one of Clear Task Set, LU Reset, Target Reset, Abort Task Set.
    On finding an I/O in its task set which has the NACA bit set, it could
    establish ACA.

    > What about a command in flight (that
    > was the first that had a NACA bit)?

    Such I/Os would be errored back with "ACA Active" SCSI Status.

    > It looks like ED might solve the problem for us making UA behave ACA
    > like.

    I had some questions on this (which Ralph might help us with).
    If the UA is going to be a persistent condition [like ACA], will it not
    require a second mechanism similar to Clear ACA to clear the UA ? If this
    is correct, do we need to invent 2 mechanisms to deal with a similar
    requirement ? Could we apply the proposal made in my earlier mail to solve
    all exception conditions on a strongly ordered command [that sets NACA in
    its CDB] by generating ACA.
    [Note that we also need to solve this problem when an I/O active in a task
    set receives an Abort Task.]

    Any comments from the T10 experts would be appreciated.

    > And EnableACA is not per session (although at a point I intended it to be).

    This may be no longer relevant if we are going to allow T10 to solve this
    for us. Per my understanding though, all login keys governed session
    control options [and not LU options]. Hence, my comment regarding session
    granularity. One way to solve this would have been to move EnableACA to
    a mode page only control option.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    --