    Re: iSCSI : EnableACA

    Ralph,

    I am not sure that I understand the question.

    After the reset task management functions iSCSI requires the target enter
    Unit Atention for all other initiators connected to the same target (or LU)
    and, after reporting the Unit Attention enter ACA.

    You and Ed pointed out that many initiators will be unable to handle this
    (will not reset the condition).

    EnableACA is a hack intended to allow an initiator to control the target
    behavior.

    NormACA and the NACA CDB bit have similar purposes but NormACA is a
    "read-only" flag and the ACA condition is not created in this case as a
    result of a command execution error but as a result of an action by an
    external factor (another initiator).

    This situation is probably more general - and some other transports dealing
    with commands in flight might experience a similar
    problem but up to now SPC has no way of handling this situation.

    If Ed is going to cover this within the "extended use of ACA" we discussed
    for SCSI commands rejected with busy and task set full and for Unit
    Attention we might have to coordinate.

    Ralph Weber <ralphoweber@compuserve.com> on 27/04/2001 14:59:24

    Please respond to ENDL_TX@computer.org